Sunday, November 30, 2008

final project 11/30 update

so i finished my movie last tuesday before the thanksgiving break. i saved it to my flash drive and now it is saying there is nothing in the file. the file is saved on the desktop at school and hopefully will be there on tuesday for the final crit. i am also hoping my sisters dinosaur computer is just being quirky and once i get home i will be able to open the file and post my screen shots to the blog. overall the movie was a success, thank you class once again for your participation. imovie is fun, but i think for any other in depth project i do, movie wise, i will look into other programs or do most of the editing myself. imovie is limiting, i was able to add some special effects and sound, but not exactly what i wanted to do. the transition option on editing is a pain because anytime you add a transition it cuts the movie to make room for the transition. the solve that problem i made my own transitions with photoshop and saved as jpegs and added as clips to imovie and inserted to the movie. this allowed my recorded clips to remain accurate with time and sound. also adding subtitles is tricky too, it does the same thing, cuts the clips to accommodate for the info inserted, which i also solved with my transitions, as well, so i killed 2 birds with one stone. i used imovie for my demonstration video and learned a little, this time around more experience was gained so it was a little easier to use, but still overall pretty limiting. i added some fun quirky little nuances so i hope ultimately all will enjoy. the video is @ 20 mins long, so i am also hoping to present first to get it out of the way. hope all had a good holiday. see everyone on tues. & good luck!

No comments: