Monday, October 13, 2008

FINISHED LOGO


Ok so it seems a little cheesy, but it's for a middle school. i used the fin as the "A" and and added a waterish element for color......the fonts are the same, for shoal lake and middle school, i just scaled the middle school part to make it a little bigger, a whole different font and whole different font size did not look right. overall i like the idea, i used the warp tool as my watery wavyness. The fins were the arc and line tool with a color fill and some transform "bring to front" for the type. I reflected the fin in "lake" for consistency. my first attempts (in the sketch post) i tried the swirl tool for the water, and i liked the effect, but it seemed a little too complicated for a middle school logo. this i feel is simple and can thus be expanded on, as you will see in the upcoming newspaper ad assignment. also, this is a good way to keep it simple stupid. who doesn't know a shark fin.

5 comments:

Molly said...

I think this is a really sweet idea, I would try to keep it in a more compact or defined shape.

charlie post said...

Though i really like this, because it's nice and dreamy, I think it should be more defined and have some repetition..may be...

BlogBloke12 said...

I understand it is for middle school but i still feel there should be more in it, like shading or something

Adele said...

It works , but the image needs to be simpler .

Marshall said...

Amy-

I think what is strong about this logo is the diagonal play on alignment from the top left to the bottom right.
I think, though, that you should not look at MIDDLE
SCHOOL as a block of words, but as two separate words that can be used as a part of that diagonal play.