Wednesday, October 1, 2008

MY FINAL SELF PORTRAIT


this is my final self portrait.....i tried my face, as you will see in my other posts, but i thought this was a good representation of me. i am the youngest of seven and as you can see my mother could never stay awake when she was pregnant with me, i carry her love for naping........sans kids. i was born in the 70's so the color scheme is disgusting. i scanned all four pics using our in class scanner. the pattern from the couch cover was used to create the pattern for the background using the pixellated option. i cropped the photos and erased some of the edges to give it better flow and erased some areas in the photos to include the patterned background. repetition with the pattern is obvious, using the pattern from the couch to the pattern for the background. i numbered each photo representing her progression to sleep. i didn't change the colors at all because i think the representation was perfect. after looking at the print out tho, i feel i could have adjusted the numbers so the brown color i used would have been consistent once printed and to add a little more contrast. i printed at the graphics lab in pollack rm 217. the printers have a default setting for the type of paper i used so i did not have to make sure it printed in cmyk. my mother will probably kill me for using these photos, but i couldn't resist.

1 comment:

Adele said...

I do not think you need the numbers.#3 I do not know what going on at the left side. The over all images work together.